segunda-feira, 10 de agosto de 2015

My Dearest Friend (por João Lira)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQkX9WVygw4

***

My dearest friend (por João Lira)

(Dm C Am)
Why did you my dearest friend
went down this way
Why did you my dearest friend
from the light went away

I know life has not been
what you wanted to be
I know that the wind is blowing
astray from the sea

Your brown eyes they used to be
so true and bright
Now they have turned dark and lost
all of its sight

What you're doing with this weapon
pointed at my face
Can't you see that all this anger
is unfarly misplaced

Why did you my dearest friend
had to use that knife
Why did you my dearest friend
had to take her life

You know that the girl who's gone
was the one that I loved
You know that I can't forgive
neither heaven above

Her brown eyes that used to shine
are now forever shut
In my heart forever lies
the keen and deep cut

What I'm doing with my life
here without you
I don't know where to go
I don't know what to do

Why?
Why?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário