terça-feira, 25 de junho de 2013

Born Broken (João Lira)

Born Broken

(Am  C  G  F)

Verse 1:
Sometimes you say that I
Act cold and keep you far
That my heart cannot be touched
Like a wound without a scar

Love is not for me
I got tired of that place
Rocks thrown in the sea
A scent that can’t be erased

Chorus:
Do go back
Because you know
Your love is blind

Or don’t hold back
Cause you want to search
But not to find

Verse 2:
You think that you can change me
But the fact is that you can't
That I should be like you
But the fact is that I ain't

Please don't ask me things
If you won't like what I'll say
I'm sorry if I just
Don't feel the same way

Chorus:
Do go back
If you don’t
Know why you came

Or don't hold back
And jump into
The hurricane

Verse 3:
I'm not that kind of people
Who restrain their desires
My soul is free and it's
Burning like a thousand fires

I like what we have
But more than that I can't do
I'm afraid if this goes on
I might end up hurting you

Chorus:
Do go back
I’m not a prince
In a white horse

Or don’t hold back
And live life
With no remorse

Verse 4:
You may be wondering
Who it was who broke me
But born broken I was
Fallen from a dark tree

There’s an evil within
There’s a side never true
And the light won’t come in
The skies are never blue

Chorus:
Do go back
I’ll probably just
Cause you pain

Or don’t hold back
If you don’t mind
Not seeing the sun again

Verse 5:
Alone I have been         
For as long as I can recall
Lost amongst people
Always different from them all

The sun sets at last
After a cold afternoon
A grey wolf from the past
Keep howling to the moon

Chorus:
Do go back
Cause there’s
An animal in a cage

Or don’t hold back
If that’s a fight
You want to engage

Verse 6:
Your smile is so pure
Your face is so pale
But tainted it will be
Would you break in and fail

Are you sure you want to make
The most difficult choice
If you take this path
Heaven won’t hear your voice

Chorus:
Do go back
Cause you know
I don’t love you

Or don’t hold back
Maybe there’s a part
That do

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário